This trek lies in Solu region. We follow the same route of Classic Everest Base Camp trek via Jiri. This trek is less touristy as we have to depend on fully organized camping, and only few trekkers have ventured before for this trek. On this trek we will walk through interesting villages having monasteries, temples and pilgrimage places.From Ringmo, the trek to Dudh kunda takes a minimum of five days but at least one extra day is required for exploring around the lake. While at the lake side, be sure to walk right around its shore and look for the spring high up on the north eastern side which is considered to be the source of the holy water.
Dudh Kunda Trek is unexplored trekking route and very few tourist trek this route despite of being wonderful trek it is still virgin an, a cultural journey for family and for all. Dudh Kunda trekking trail takes you all the way through the ancient trading routes in the Everest region, crossing the river valleys, narrow ridges, up and down hills, beautiful Rhododendron and pine forests alive with wild animals & birds such as Mountain Thars, Bears, Leopard, Jackal, pheasant up to Dudh Kunda also called Milky lake in English. Dudh Kunda trek starts from Phaplu after we take a 35 minutes flight from Kathmandu to Phaplu. Follow a route via Salleri- Ringmo - Taksindu- Beni to Dudhakunda or fly via an alternative way from Jiri , The Trek back from here you can climb the pike hill which is one of the famous hill offering the most spectacular view of the almost all the magnificent mountain in the region via Junbesi. You can also follow an alternative trail all the way passing through the places like Jiri -Sivalaya - Bhandar - Junbesi - Dhudh Kunda 5,000 m. This trail will take you through the pike peak and famous Goli Gompa up to the holy Lake Dudh Kunda which is the final destination of our trek where we can view the amazing lake. From the lake vicinity you can enjoy panoramic views of the Everest Himalaya range.
Itinary Elevation Time
Day1 : Drive from Kathmandu to Bhandar. 2190 m 10 hrs.
Day2 : Trek to Goli. 1760 m 7 hrs.
Day3 : Trek to Ngaur 3350 m 7 hrs.
Day4 : Trek to Jase Bhanjyang 3549 m 5 hrs.
Day5 : Trek to Panbu 3315 m 5 hrs.
Day6 : Trek to Junbesi 2700 m 6 hrs.
Day7 : Rest day & go to Thuptenchholing gompa. 2920 m 5 hrs.
Day8 : Trek to to Saharsabeni 3830m 6 hrs.
Day9 : Trek to Dudkunda Lake 4190m 5 hrs.
Day10: Trek to Saharsabeni 3830m 5 hrs.
Day11: Trek to Phaplu 2460m 4.30 hrs.
Day12: Fly to Kathmandu
• Airport pick-up and drop-off services
• One trekking guide
• Required porters .
• All meals 3 times a day (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
• Accommodation in lodges during the trek
• Sleeping bags & down jackets if required.
• Entry permit for Sagarmatha National Park
• Trekkers' Information Management System (TIMS) card
• All land transportation (from hotel to airport and airport to hotel)
• Flight ticket from Phaplu to Kathmandu.
• Airport tax domestic airport
• Insurance and equipments for guide and porters
• First aid kit
• Rescue assistance (Should any emergency arise during your trek, we will provide prompt and professional rescue and medical services. For this, it would be better to have your travel insurance that can cover helicopter evacuation and medical treatment cost if required.)
• Personal nature expenses
• Drinks, beverages, hot shower, etc.
• Travel insurance
• Meals & hotel accommodation in Kathmandu after finished your package