Mask dance ritual at Tyangbuche & Chiwang Monasteries offers you one of the wonder of the Himalayan people and their believe and practice since their communal step to this heavenly region.
The festival originated from the monastery of Rongbuk, one of the oldest in Tibet, is a prayer ceremony where the monks put on masks representing divine personages and perform ritual dances. The spectators of devotion come from many villages of Khumbu area. It is a colourful occasion that takes place in the most spectacular of settings. It depicts the victory of Buddhism over the ancient 'Bon' religion. The festival lasts for three days and is well attended by the Sherpa people who often trek for many days to witness and to get blessed and to gain sonam (Merit) in this important event.
This festival consists of an 8 to nine day mediation cycle and ends with a public blessing ceremony. The following are the Mani Rimdu events that normally celebrate but the main public ceremony will be of 3 days.
Itinarary Elevation Time
Day1 : Fly to lukla & trek to Phakding 2610 m 3.30 hrs.
Day2 : Trek to Namchebazzar. 3440 m 6 hrs
.Day3 : Trek to Thame 3820 m 4 hrs
Day4 : Trek to Khumjung. 3780 m 4.30 hrs.
Day5 : Trek to Tyangboche. 3860 m 5hrs.
Day6 : Trek to Manju. 2835 m 6 hrs.
Day7 : Trek to lukla. 2840 m 5 hrs.
Day8 : Mornning fly back to Kathmandu.
• Airport pick-up and drop off services
• Trekking guide
• Porter/s (1 porter can carry two people's luggage up to 30 kilograms)
• Entry permit for Sagarmatha National Park
• Trekkers' Information Management System(TIMS) card
• All land transportation (from hotel to airport and from airport to hotel)
• All meals 3 times a day (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
• Accommodation in teahouses (lodges) during the trek
• Necessary equipment such as sleeping bags, down jackets, etc.
• Rescue Assistance
• Necessary insurance for trekking staff
• First Aid kit
• Flight ticket from Kathmandu to Lukla and from Lukla to Kathmandu .
• Airport tax at Kathmandu domestic airport and Lukla airport
• Nature of personal expenses
• Drinks, beverages, hot shower, etc.
• Hotel accommodation & meals in Kathmandu after finished your package