Tent Peak Climbing
Tent peak also known as Tharpu Chuli
Tent peak climbing is best suited to those who are intending to step up from trekking to amateur mountaineering. Tent Peak also known as Tharpu Chuli offers the best short trekking peak climbing experience in the Annapurna region – way beyond simply trekking. The trip includes the trek to the picturesque Annapurna Base Camp with few days of peak climbing that makes it a very popular trekking peak climbing in Annapurna region.
We climb the standard Northwest ridge, which is alpine PD grade. There are some steep and ridge climbing sections that make this climb very interesting and quite challenging for those attempting to climb a trekking peak for the first time. In comparison, our Tharpu Chuli expedition is physically not as challenging as climbing Island or Mera Peaks.
Trekking peak climbing in the Annapurna region
We start our Tent peak climbing with a drive to Nayapul which is the trip starting point in the Annapurna region. Our trekking route passes through interesting terraced farmland, meanders through rhododendron forests and many different ethnic settlements. We cross the sparkling water of the Modi Khola several times. We climb up to both Machapuchare and Annapurna Base Camps, a thrilling experience, before we set up our tented camp for our Tharpu Chuli expedition climb.
The views from the summit of Tent Peak are arguably one of the best Himalayan vistas. The wild and stunning Annapurna Sanctuary offers the spectacular panorama of many 7000 and 8000 metre awesome Himalayan peaks including Annapurna I, III and South, Hiunchuli, Baraha Shikhar, Khangshar Kang, Tarke Kang, Ganapurna – a truly inspiring and memorable scene.
- Duration: 18 Days
- Country: Nepal
- Grade: Strenuous Plus
- Maximum Heights:
- Best Season: Oct - Nov, April - May
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu, welcome dinner, O/n at hotel
Day 02: Cultural Tour in Kathmandu / climbing preparation
Day 03:: Drive to Nayapul and trek to Thikhedhunga
Day 04: Trek to Ghorepani
Day 05: Trek to Tadapani after Poon Hill morning excursion
Day 06: Trek to Chomrong
Day 07: Trek to Dovan
Day 08: Trek to Machapuchare base camp
Day 09: Trek to Annapurna Base camp
Day 10: Acclimatization rest day at base camp
Day 11: Trek to Tent peak base camp
Day 12: Trek to high camp
Day 13: Summit the Tharpu Chuli peak and back to base camp
Day 14: Trek to Bamboo
Day 15: Trek to Jhino Danda
Day 16: Trek to Nayapul and to Pokhara O/n at hotel
Day 17: Drive to Kathmandu / free time
Day 18: Trip end / Departure
- Private Arrival / Departure transfers on both domestic and international flights.
- Standard Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu / Pokhara on a twin share bed- and- breakfast basis as per the itinerary.
- Full board meals (open / choice menu) while trekking (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) on whole tent peak climbing trip.
- Freshly cooked Full board meals prepared by our cook while Tharpu Chuli climbing.
- Responsible trekking and climbing with one trekker one porter ratio.
- Properly boiled drinking water, tea and coffee while on tent peak climbing trip in Annapurna region.
- Accommodation in teahouse or lodge while trekking to Annapurna base camp.
- Accommodation in Tented camp while peak climbing in Annapurna.
- Group welcome dinner as listed in the itinerary.
- Half day guided city tour with world heritage entrance fees as listed in itinerary.
- Private transportation to and from the starting and ending points of the trek as applicable.
- Tent Peak Climbing Permit Royalty and other government tax.
- Climbing Clinic Course at tent peak base camp.
- All required Personal and Group Climbing gear: Plastic climbing boot, crampons, climbing rope, ice axe, zoomer, harness, figure of eight, carabineer etc.
- All camping equipment provided - 2-person member tent, dinning tent with table and chair, kitchen tent, staff /porter tent, toilet tent with commode.
- Mountain Monarch Trip Gears - sleeping bag, fleece inner liner, down jacket, rain poncho etc for the use during the trip. Some Rolls of Toilet Paper and garbage plastic bag.
- Professional local experienced Trek Leader / Guide trained in Wilderness First Aid.
- Portable Altitude Chamber (PAC) / Gamow Bag (A life saving device in case of Acute Mountain Sickness) along with the comprehensive First Aid Kit.
- Respective region trekking map.
- Well-experienced Climbing guide with all his allowance and expenses.
- Trekking cook, kitchen staff, Trek Sherpa and other support staff.
- Porters to carry all personal gear and group equipment.
- Proper Insurance of all staff including porters.
- Warm clothing and trekking gear for staff including porters: Gortex jacket /trousers, fleece jacket and pant, trekking shoes / boots, woolen hat, gloves, shocks, sunglasses etc.
- Complementary trip duffle bag and Mountain Monarch T-shirts.
- Peak climbing certificates issued from the respective body of Nepal Government.
- Comprehensive pre-departure information and trip dossiers.
- Annapurna Conservation entry fees.
- Nepal entry Visa fees, Your travel insurance of any kind
- International Airfare and Airport Tax.
- All Drinks and main meals in cities.
- Tips and Items of personal expenses like hot shower, battery charge, telephome, beverage drinks etc.