Saribung Peak situates in the Damodar Himalayan range close to the Nepal / Tibet border in a corner of the Upper Mustang region. The Nepal government opened this peak for climbing expeditions only in 2006. Mountain Monarch has designed their Saribung Expedition to include exploration of the restricted region of Upper Mustang and Lomanthang and the Nar Phu valley – both of them are well-known, inspiring destinations for trekkers.
Saribung Expedition routes in Upper Mustang region
We follow the upper Mustang trek route to Lomantang in our expedition to Saribung peak climbing and visit the fascinating Lury Gompa before heading off into the wilds of Namta Khola valley. After the successfull expeditions, we trek out through the Nar and Phu valleys. The trails are rugged and exciting – cutting high into cliff sides and passing through villages that have changed little over the centuries.
The Saribung climbing expeditions itinerary enables you to view fantastic and unusual scenery, sample diverse cultures and religions and experience wide topographical variation. The Saribung expedition is a relatively easy one for experienced mountaineers but it is physically demanding with the crossing of high passes like Saribung La at over 5600 m and Kang La at over 5200 metres.
- Duration: 27 Days
- Country: Nepal
- Accomodation: Available
- Type: Strenuous Plus
- No. of Pax:
- Starts From: Kathmandu
- Ends At: Saribung
- Check List:
Day 01: Saribung expedition trip arrival day / welcome dinner.
Day 02: Cultural tour and expedition preparation.
Day 03: Drive to Pokhara.
Day 04: Fly to Jomsom and start the expedition with trek to Kagbeni.
Day 05-09: Trek to Lomanthang in Uppper mustang exploration.
Day 10-14: Trek to Saribung base camp exploring the caves and Gompas.
Day 15-18: Saribung peak climbing period.
Day 19-24: Trek to Bulbule though the Nar Phu valley.
Day 25: Drive back to Kathmandu.
Day 26: Free rest day in Kathmandu.
Day 27: Expedition ends /airport transfer.
- Private Arrival / Departure transfers on both domestic and international flights.
- Standard Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu / Pokhara on a twin share bed- and- breakfast basis as per the itinerary.
- Full board meals while on Saribung peak climbing expedition trekking
- Properly boiled drinking water, tea and coffee while on trek.
- Accommodation in Tented camp while climbing.
- Welcome / fare - well dinner as listed in the itinerary.
- Half day guided city tour with world heritage entrance fees as listed in itinerary.
- All Domestic flights and airport tax as listed in the itinerary.
- Private transportation to and from the starting and ending points of the trek as applicable.
- Saribung Expedition climbing Permit Royalty and other government tax.
- All required Personal and Group Climbing gear: Plastic climbing boot, crampons, climbing rope, ice axe, zoomer, harness, figure of eight, carabineer etc.
- All camping equipment provided - 2-person member tent, dinning tent with table and chair, kitchen tent, staff /porter tent, toilet tent with commode.
- Sleeping bag, fleece inner liner, down jacket, duffel bag etc for the use during the trip. Some Rolls of Toilet Paper and garbage plastic bag.
- Professional local experienced Trek Leader / Guide trained in Wilderness First Aid.
- Portable Altitude Chamber (PAC) / Gamow Bag (A life saving device in case of Acute Mountain Sickness) along with the comprehensive First Aid Kit.
- Respective region trekking map.
- Well-experienced Climbing guide with all his allowance and expenses.
- Trekking cook, kitchen staff, Trek Sherpa and other support staff.
- Porters to carry all personal gear and group equipment.
- Proper Insurance of all staff including porters.
- Warm clothing and trekking gear for staff including porters: Gortex jacket /trousers, fleece jacket and pant, trekking shoes / boots, woolen hat, gloves, shocks, sunglasses etc..
- Peak climbing certificates issued from the respective body of Nepal Government.
- Comprehensive pre-departure information and trip dossiers.
- TIMS / Trekking permit, National park / Conservation entry fees.
- Nepal entry Visa fees, Your travel insurance of any kind
- International Airfare and Airport Tax.
- All Drinks and main meals in cities.
- Tips and Items of personal expenses like hot shower, battery charge, telephome, beverage drinks etc.