Bardia, the origional house of local ethnic communities people called Tharu and in another way it is famous as a house of royal bangal tiger, Rhino, Elephant, Corcodile, wild deers and many more wild animals.A relaxing wildlife safari in Bardia National Park is the ultimate wildlife experience of a lifetime. Located in the far west lowland Terai region of Nepal, Bardia is the largest of the National Parks in Nepal.Bardia is most famous wildlife nest in Nepal.Those who are searching for wildlife activiies in Nepal, Jungle safari in Nepal, Jungle excursion in Nepal can find the Bardia National park as a finest option.
In 1976 the park was first granted as the Royal Karnali Wildlife Reserve with an area of only 368 sq. km. but in 1982 it was extended to include the Babai River Valley and renamed the Royal Bardia Wildlife Reserve. The park now covers an area of 968 sq. km. Bardia Wildlife Reserve was granted the status of a National Park in 1988 in order to preserve the decreasing species of its rare ecosystem – the unique flora and fauna, the elusive Bengal tiger and rare one horned Rhinoceros and many other prey species.
This park is the most undisturbed wilderness area in the Terai providing excellent habitats for most of the endangered species of wildlife and birds such as all of the endangered rhinoceros, wild elephants, the Royal Bengal Tiger, swamp deer, black buck, Gharial crocodile and Gangetic dolphins. This great range of different natural habitats means that there is always plenty to explore and a great variety of species to encounter. This is a land of endless potential for the wildlife enthusiast – from great migratory herds of the wild Indian Elephant to an incredible abundance and variety of birdlife.
Our Bardia Jungle Safari trip programme includes an elephant ride, canoe ride, bird watching, jungle walk, 4 Wheel jeep drive, visit to the local village, cultural programme etc. You can either take a flight or drive to Bardia National Park to start the Bardia Wildlife Safari.
Bird Watching walks
Tharu culture programme
Gharial crocodiles trip
Rafting through the park
Bardia Jungle walks
• Refreshing, brief by camp manager about the program
• Have a lunch and rest
• Culture tour, visit Tharu village and park visitor center
• Sunset view from the river bank
• Dinner and slide show about flora-fauna
• Nature walk/Jungle walk
• Jeep safari or jeep drive to back to the resort
• Have a lunch and rest
• Encountering wildlife on elephant back safari or jeep drive
• Dinner and Tharu culture dance show
• Jungle excursion tour
Day 01: Upon arrival at the bus stop or at the Nepalgunja airport meet our office representative and transfer to the resort.
Day 02: Wake up call, tea-coffee drink and breakfast.
Day 03: Wake up call, tea-coffee drink and breakfast.
• Transportation to and from Kathmandu by air or road as per itinerary
• All jungle Safari activities
• All accommodations while safari including breakfast, lunch and dinner.
• Highly experienced Government licensed safari guide during the trip.
• Government / Local taxes, Tourist service charge, guide insurance and salary, national park and conservation area fees.
• International flights, visa and departure taxes
• Travel insurance and emergency evacuation (Should cover your insurance)
• Tips and gratuities (crew will expect the tipping)
• Personal expenses such as alcoholic beverages and drinks, postage, laundry
• Bar Bills
• Costs arising from unforeseen events outside the control of company.