One of the most rewarding and greatest assets of Koshi Tappu Wildlife Park is that it offers ample scope for nature walks. For those with curiosity and perseverance walking on foot is the most profitable way of exploring the grassland, river lagoons and woodlands.
The Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve is accessible by air, land and river. It is just 45 minutes flight to Biratnagar from Kathmandu and then a mere one and half hours drive to the camp. Rafting down for 8-10 days on the wild stretches of the Sun Koshi River is another exciting way to reach the destination. The third option would be the scenic drive through the meandering countryside road of about 500 km that takes almost 10 hours from Kathmandu.
Day 01: Drive or fly from Kathmandu to Biratnagar.
Day 02: After breakfast you set out for full day excursion on boat and four wheels drive with packed lunch to see waders, waterfowl, birds of prey, marsh crocodile, otters, wild water buffalo and Gangetic Dolphins including a visit to Pink Tower.
Day 03 After a wholesome breakfast you go for bird watch inside the reserve in the scrub forest, grasslands and wetland habitat with lunch packs to see swamp partridge, black necked stork, buntings, bulbuls etc. In the afternoon you can either continue bird watching or enjoy optional elephant ride to watch Arna, the wild water buffalo, blue bull, hog deer, fishing etc.
Day 04: Early morning you can either enjoy bird watching around the camp area or have leisure walk. After breakfast you depart for Kathmandu.
• Transportation to and from Kathmandu by air or road as per itinerary
• All jungle Safari activities
• All accommodations while safari including breakfast, lunch and dinner.
• Highly experienced Government licensed safari guide during the trip.
• Government / Local taxes, Tourist service charge, guide insurance and salary, national park and conservation area fees
• International flights, visa and departure taxes
• Travel insurance and emergency evacuation (Should cover your insurance)
• Tips and gratuities (crew will expect the tipping)
• Personal expenses such as alcoholic beverages and drinks, postage, laundry
• Bar Bills
• Costs arising from unforeseen events outside the control of company.